Thursday, March 15, 2012

Have you hugged your clematis today?

Have you hugged fed and pruned your clematis today? Clematis has been called the "Queen of the Climbers." Considering their pure beauty and uniqueness of color and form, that's not surprising.

To have healthy bloomers, keep in mind that clematis are heavy feeders. Compost is great, but I also like to add an extended release 10-10-10 fertilizer. Osmocote makes one and so does Miracle Grow.

And when you're speaking of clematis and springtime, you're also talking pruning. Be sure to look up the pruning class and then place the class number or letter on your plant label so you don't need to look them up again next year.

Below, why I love clematis:

'Rebecca'

 

Early in my gardening years, I did not label my plants. Consequently, I cannot tell you the name of this clematis.

 

'Nelly Moser'

 

Unknown clematis

 

Another unknown purple

 

Name unknown, in a friend's yard

 

'Multi Blue'

 

 'Betty Corning'

 

 'Josephine'
She's my favorite; can you see why?

 

Two unknown clematis share a trelllis.



'Comtesse de Bouchaud'

 

'Multi Blue'

 

 'Piilu'


Relaxing in my summer garden last year

I'm linking to:

Thanks for visiting!

Beth

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails