Monday, January 14, 2013

Tea and tulips

Oh, how I long for spring! Spring is about rebirth, warmer days, April showers, May flowers, and Tulip Time.


 The orioles arrive.


 Iris bloom.


It's prime time for garden center shopping.


 And it's Tulip Time in Pella!


This is a celebration of tulips and Dutch culture.














 A favorite photo, taken at the Historical Village


A lovely combination of hostas and tulips 











 I found some beautiful teapots in the gift shop at the Historical Village. I ended up taking this one home.





 Green tea labeled for persons who speak Dutch, found at a bakery


 Also at the bakery
Wouldn't one of these be awesome with a cuppa?


 My blue and white teapot in its new home, ready for use


I set my tea table with the teacup and cream and sugar that my grandmother received from a nephew who visited The Netherlands.


 Dutch windmill cookies, a crispy cookie with a spicy taste I cannot identify, perhaps a little ginger?


I hope spring comes soon! I'm looking forward to tulips, orioles, all kinds of flowers, and Tulip Time. In the meantime, I can always enjoy a cup of tea in a pretty teacup.

Linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea, A Return to Loveliness, Tea Time Tuesday, and Friends Sharing Tea



LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails